Applications for the following vacancies have now closed:
Head Teacher, Pirimai Kindergarten
.925 Eskview Kindergarten
.375 Wairoa Kindergarten
Applications, including referee reports, must be received by 5pm 25 May 2018.
Application information and forms for these positions:
Covering letter to applicants
Position information and person specifications
Referee Report Form
Referee Consent Form (only required if using a previous referee report)
EEO Database Form
Employment Relationship Information
Professional standards beginning teacher (do not complete)
Professional standards fully registered teacher (do not complete)
Professional standards Head Teacher (do not complete)
Wairoa Casual Kindergarten Support workers required
Napier Kindergartens are seeking casual kindergarten support work relievers and teacher aides to be available on an as required basis for approximately 4 hours per day.
The pay rate offered for kindergarten support workers is $18.90 per hour inclusive of 8% holiday pay. The Teacher aide pay rate is $ 19.79 per hour inclusive of 8% holiday pay.
Relievers have the right to decline work offered if they are unavailable.
This role would suit people who are interested in occasional work that fits within school hours and who would be available at short notice.
Kindergarten Support Worker Role Description
Teacher Aide Role Description
If you are interested in this role, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter outlining why you would be suitable as a casual reliever
- A brief work history (CV or resume)
- Contact details of 2 referees
- Your contact details
Please note that you will need to undertake a Criminal Records check.
Casual Relieving Teachers
If you are interested in a place in our casual relieving pool you will need to:
The decision about whether you are considered suitable to be added to our relievers pool will not be made until the above steps and checks have been completed.
- Arrange an interview with either Helen, Eileen or Beth (phone 06 835 7890 extn 1, 2 or 4))
- Bring in or email your:
- copies of qualifications,
- copy of teacher practicing licence,
- copy of photo ID,
- details of referees who can be contacted
Casual Kindergarten Support Worker Relievers
Casual relieving Kindergarten Support Workers are employed on an as required basis. This would mean that you would be placed on a relievers list, and will be called whenever a reliever is required to cover an absence in a kindergarten. The ideal people for these positions would be:
The nature of the work is to support the kindergarten teachers by providing a range of light housekeeping duties, which may include preparation and clean up of art materials.
- Physically fit
- Have a can do attitude
- Have their own transport
- Enjoy working around young children and are safety conscious
We pay $18.90 per hour which includes 8% holiday pay.
All prospective employees need to:
Interested persons should contact the General Manager, Helen McNaughten on 06 835 7890 xtn 1 to arrange an appointment time.
- be interviewed by Helen, Eileen or Beth
- undergo a Criminal convictions check prior to employment and have a clear result. These checks can take time to be completed
- provide current photo ID (eg Drivers Licence, passport)
- provide referees & their contact details
- provide a CV or brief resume of work experience