Wycliffe Nga Tamariki Philosophy:
At Wycliffe Nga Tamariki Kindergarten, we aim to develop each child holistically by:
- Fostering a sense of fun and belonging.
- Encouraging self-help skills, caring for themselves, others and the environment.
- Encouraging the importance of resilience and learning to take responsible risks.
- Providing new and exciting learning opportunities in a fun and challenging environment.
- Offering a programme of variety and choice within all areas of the kindergarten curriculum.
We respect all children as individuals and strive to achieve equity by providing opportunities for all and by being responsive teachers. Whanaungatanga is the foundation of our Kindergarten and part of this is our commitment to family/whanau involvement and our aim to provide a welcoming environment where everyone is respected and has a sense of belonging.
Our favourite 2019 ERO comments:
Children confidently engage in learning through a wide range of activities. Resources and the environment are carefully considered to meet the needs of individuals. Staff work collaboratively and use the strengths of each teacher to broaden learning opportunities. Children make choices about their play and lead their own learning.
A strong bicultural curriculum is in place. Children have consistent experiences of te ao Māori through natural integration into daily activities. A kaiawhina provides children with te reo Māori immersion opportunities and builds teachers' confidence to meaningfully use te reo Māori in conversation.
Teachers respectfully facilitate children's learning. They purposefully use strategies to promote social competence and nurture growing relationships between children. Wellbeing is promoted through strong tuakana teina relationships. Children display a sense of ownership and belonging.
View full 2019 ERO report here.
Follow us on facebook